Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Dragon Garden - This is a Photo Journal


As you may have gathered from the title this a photo journal of how the dragon garden came to be...
I have a collection of dragons and then we read the Dragonkeeper series by Carole Wilkinson about Ancient China.
My imagination started to spark and I started thinking about landscaping and building.
I decided to build an awesome Dragon Garden. This was the plan I started with on March 1st.


THIS is most of the dirt that came out of the pond hole thing,

  Me digging again scraping the dirt of the sides to make it bigger
HERE'S OUR NEW FISHIES!!!The orange one is Garfarble and the bronze one is Kai- he's really good at hiding


This is the pond at its finished state - ALMOST
 A dragon going fishing
Here's me planting new plants in the ground, as you do, I mean where else are you supposed to put them besides pots. The best part about creating a new garden space is going to the plant shop- I bought little ferns that like the shade and a black leaf plant called a dragon plant and also a moss mound thing I hope turns into a moss carpet.

 The dragons having a look at their NEW home - playing in the ferns and such


Here is the second cave - note moss mound plant.



Bam knows the rules: she is not allowed inside the dragon garden... because she is not a dragon, she is giant.

Bam's sad

The sign in the background is the character for dragon

Me chillin' out in the dragon garden
CHALLENGE: see if you can find the orange fish ... look at the big holey rock


THIS IS OUR BADASS WILLOW FENCE IN ACTION AFTER IT HAS JUST BEEN FINISHED
I'm really impressed how well my dragon garden turned out . It surpasses all my expectations.





Character for dragon in Chinese

 Tally-ho The-O happy Easter



3 comments:

  1. Great photo journal. I'm really proud that my books inspired you to do this. I have mentioned your garden on my blog at http://www.carolewilkinson.com.au/news/2013/04/10/reader-creates-dragon-garden/
    Carole Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Theo, I saw your garden featured on Carole Wilkinson's website! How cool is that?!!! I followed the link from there to your blog. It was great to see the progress of your garden taking shape. Good on you! I love the mossy plant, very cool, it looks really spongy! Right off to look at the other parts of your blog.
    Cheers
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden turned out to be beautiful, Theo. I wish I could come sit in it. And your photo journal show just how much wor and care you put into this project. Well done!

    ReplyDelete